Divorce Financial Services
“You only get one bite of the apple” in divorce. Contact us for a free initial consultation and learn how Divorce Analytics can help you make smart, well-informed decisions.
Divorce Analytics can help you:
- Work more productively with your attorney or mediator and avoid the vagaries of going to court.
- Get a more realistic understanding of your current and prospective post-divorce financial situations.
- Make smarter financial decisions and feel more secure about them.
- Avoid costly and often irreversible mistakes.
- Avoid getting bogged down in “divorce gamesmanship” and focus attention on the critical financial issues at hand.
- Develop a better understanding of the long-term financial consequences of alternative settlement scenarios.
- Avoid financial outcomes driven primarily by emotion.
- Arrive at financial outcomes that are fair and workable, often more quickly and at less cost.
- Take charge of your finances after divorce. Avoid letting a potentially workable outcome go bad. Pursue your long-term financial goals.
- Improve your money and investment management knowledge and skills.
- Manage your post-divorce finances and your financial plan, reducing or mitigating unnecessary or unanticipated hardships or risks.
- Develop a more optimistic outlook for the future.
Examples of financial services provided:
- Assistance in collecting, organizing and analyzing accurate, complete and reliable financial information.
- Determining needs for additional documentary evidence or outside experts.
- Preparing and analyzing Statements of Net Worth.
- Documenting and analyzing historical and post-separation lifestyle and standard of living (Lifestyle Analysis).
- Documenting temporary (pendente lite) support needs and paying abilities.
- Identifying and analyzing career assets, such as complex compensation packages.
- Analyzing complex and sophisticated investment assets.
- Determining post-divorce maintenance and child support needs and paying abilities.
- Economic forecasting.
- Analyzing alternative settlement scenarios, such as trading the house for the pension or retaining certain assets in exchange for debt, for long-term workability.
- Recommending alternative scenarios or lifestyle changes when long-term outcomes appear problematic or unworkable.
- Analyzing tax consequences of settlement scenarios and recommending legal tax minimization strategies when appropriate.
- Reviewing drafts of domestic relations orders (QDRO’s).
- Coordinating financial planning issues with estate planning issues.
- Assistance in overcoming negotiation impasses.
- Assistance in preparing for depositions, negotiations, conferences or trial. Participating in negotiations and conferences when appropriate.
- Providing expert testimony in court.
- Assistance in the development and execution of a post-divorce financial plan. Periodic monitoring and recommending modifications when appropriate.
- Assistance in post-divorce budgeting and money and investment management, helping facilitate the achievement of long-term financial goals.
- Help build post-divorce financial management skills.