Benefits of Divorce Financial Planning
Potential Benefits of Divorce Financial Planning to Clients
- More thorough treatment of financial issues.
- Better settlements.
- Avoidance of mistakes.
- Increased likelihood that an eventual settlement will work.
- Better understanding of post-divorce financial situations and what might be needed to make them work (reality checks).
- Reduction in emotional distractions and fears and greater focus on financial issues.
- Greater focus on needs and paying abilities and less on entitlements.
- Greater confidence in results and reduced stress in achieving results.
- Empowerment through knowledge, making work sessions more productive.
- Acquisition of money management tools, such as proper budgeting.
- Increased client optimism for the future.
Benefits to Divorce Professionals
- Same as the client benefits listed above.
- Reduced liability or concerns about liability.
- Reduced stress.
- Increased efficiency and productivity.
- Reduced need to revisit financial issues.
- Increased long-term client satisfaction, potentially leading to additional client work and expanded referrals.
- Increased ability to focus on the negotiation process and not get bogged down with the financial issues.